Seldons Golden Gate
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
Please read these Terms & Conditions of Booking carefully as, together with your Booking Confirmation and the information on our website, they make up your agreement with us. You will also be agreeing to abide by the Park Rules which are available on request. These rules incorporate health and safety and other regulations and legislation which we must abide by, including the Site Licence Agreement issued to the park by the local authority.
We aim to provide Terms & Conditions which are easily understandable. If there is any term that you do not understand, then please discuss it with us before signing.
1.1 When the following words are used in these Terms & Conditions, this is what they will mean:
- (a) Accommodation: the accommodation that we are providing to you as set out in the Booking Confirmation including the pitch and facilities
- (b) Authorised Group Bookings: bookings for groups such as those described in clause 6.2 for which we have authorised in the Booking Confirmation or otherwise given prior written authorisation
- (c) Booking Confirmation: the form on which we confirm our acceptance of your booking
- (d) Event Outside Our Control: as defined in clause 12
- (e) Park: the park at which you have booked to stay
- (f) Park Rules: the rules which apply on the Park by which you agree to abide while you are on the Park. These can be viewed on our website and are displayed at the Park’s reception
- (g) Easylet/we/our/us: Caravan Letting Services (NW) Limited.
1.2 When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Terms, this will include email unless we say otherwise.
2. OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
2.1 You submit a booking to us but this does not mean we have accepted it. We may or may not do so. Our acceptance of the booking will take place as described in clause 2.2. If we are unable to supply you with the Accommodation, we will inform you of this and we will not accept your booking.
2.2 These Terms & Conditions will become binding on you and us when we send you a Booking Confirmation, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
2.3 These Terms & Conditions apply whether you make a booking via our website, by email, post, telephone or in person.
3. PRICE, PAYMENT AND DEPOSIT
3.1 The price of the Accommodation will be set out in the Booking Confirmation. Our prices may change at any time but price changes will not affect bookings already confirmed with you.
3.2 Our prices include supply of linen and provision of electricity and gas and entry to the Park’s facilities and are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
3.3 When you make a booking by telephone, we will ask you to pay a non-refundable deposit of £50 (or the full booking price if it is no more than £50) immediately.
3.4 A levy will be added to charges paid by credit card and some debit cards at the percentage indicated at the time of booking and confirmed on the Confirmation Form.
3.5 Once your booking is confirmed you are responsible for payment of the balance which is due not less than 21 days prior to commencement of your holiday and if you do not pay the balance by then your booking will be cancelled without refund.
3.6 All discounts and special offers are subject to availability and we may withdraw or reduce them without notice at any time up to confirmation of a booking which applies them.
4. CHANGES TO OUR TERMS
The law relating to our operation of the park may change from time to time. If this happens then we may need to update our Terms & Conditions and/or our Park Rules. You will be able to find the latest version our website. If we make any significant changes to our Terms & Conditions of Park Rules after you have booked which affect your booking, we will give you the option to cancel with a full refund.
5. PROVIDING ACCOMMODATION
5.1 We will supply the Accommodation to you from the date set out in the Booking Confirmation, for the number of people stated on the Booking Confirmation with any additional services that have been requested by you and which we are able to provide.
5.2 We will make every effort to provide the Accommodation. However, we may be unable to do so due to an Event Outside Our Control.
5.3 We may request certain information from you in order to provide the Accommodation, including but not limited to the following:
- (a) the number of people for whom the booking is made, whether they are each under the age of 18 and their names;
- (b) the number of vehicles you will bring;
- (c) whether you require a travel cot of high chair;
- (d) any special requirements, for example relating to access; and
- (e) whether your booking is one which we are likely to accept only as an Authorised Group Booking.
5.4 If you do not, after being asked by us, provide us with this information, or if you provide us with incomplete or incorrect information, we may make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to cover any extra items or work required or alternatively we may cancel your booking. If you do not pay any additional charge when requested, we may cancel your booking.
6. MINIMUM AGE AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS
6.1 We do not accept bookings from persons under the age of 18 and no person under the age of 18 is permitted on the park except pursuant to a booking made by a person of the age of 18 years or over who is staying on the park in accordance with that booking. If this requirement is not met your booking may be cancelled.
6.2 Our Parks are used by families and although we welcome groups and clubs, bookings for the following may only be made if they are accepted as Authorised Group Bookings:
- (a) stag or hen parties;
- (b) teenage parties whether or not made by a person of the age of 18 years or over;
- (c) motorcycle or scooter groups; and
- (d) other groups, clubs or associations.
6.3 Any groups who come to the Park without such prior authorisation may be asked to leave without refund or compensation.
7.1 Visitors are permitted on the park and are required to comply with these Terms & Conditions, including the minimum age restriction and it is your responsibility to ensure they are aware of them before they enter the Park.
8. CHECKING IN AND OUT
8.1 Guests may check in from 4:00pm (or earlier by arrangement). You are asked not to arrive earlier without calling us first on 01745 833048. Your Accommodation will usually be ready by check-in time on the day of your arrival but in the event of delay we will provide somewhere for you to leave luggage temporarily.
8.2 The latest check in is at 5:30 pm. If you expect to arrive after 5.30 pm you should contact us by 4:00pm to inform us. If you do not arrive by 10:00 am on the second day of your booking it will be treated as cancelled.
8.3 You must vacate the Accommodation by 10:00 am on the day of your departure.
9.1 Please let us know at the time of booking whether you require assistance with access. We will be pleased to provide in advance as much advice and information as possible to people with disabilities who wish to holiday at the Park.
9.2 For some facilities and entertainment, wheelchair access may be limited. The Park has some specially adapted accommodation for wheelchair users (subject to availability) but the accommodation may not be suitable for electric wheelchairs due to their weight and size.
9.3 Special requests must be made at the time of booking and cannot be made a condition of your booking as they are always subject to availability.
10. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ACCOMMODATION
10.1 In the unlikely event that there is any problem with the Accommodation:
- (a) please tell us as soon as reasonably possible,
- (b) please give us a reasonable opportunity to put it right, and
- (c) we will use every effort to repair or fix any defect as soon as reasonably practicable.
10.2 If any problem with the Accommodation which is our fault means we are obliged to cancel your booking, we will refund payments made for Accommodation not yet provided to you.
10.3 We may enter any accommodation unit on the Park during the term of your booking in order to inspect it and effect any repairs that may be found to be necessary.
10.4 Please treat the property, accommodation and facilities at the Park with respect and care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage to any facility or equipment on the Park please report it to reception immediately so that we may take appropriate action.
10.5 Any malicious, wilful or unreported damage to our property may result in termination of your holiday without refund.
11. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
11.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms & Conditions or are negligent, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer as a foreseeable result of our breach or our negligence but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
11.2 Unless we agree otherwise in writing, we only supply the Accommodation for private use. You agree not to use the Accommodation for any commercial purpose and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
11.3 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; or
- (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
12. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
12.1 We will not be liable for compensation, or responsible for any failure to perform any of our obligations under these Terms & Conditions caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
12.2 An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
12.3 If an Event Outside Our Control affects the performance of our obligations under these Terms:
- (a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you;
- (b) we may cancel your booking and refund your payments, or provide alternative accommodation and refund any payments you have made to us less the cost of alternative accommodation;
- (c) if the cost of the alternative accommodation is greater than the payments you owe us, you may cancel your booking and we will refund any payments you have made to us.
13. YOUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR BOOKING AND RECEIVE A REFUND
13.1 If you need to cancel your booking, please contact us as soon as possible by calling Us on 01745 833048 and confirming the cancellation request in writing signed by the person who made the booking.
13.2 You have the following rights to cancel a booking for Accommodation:
- (a) you may cancel your booking by contacting us in writing not less than 21 days before the start of your stay. We will then confirm your cancellation to you and refund any payments you have made to us less your deposit which we will not refund (unless clause 13.5 applies);
- (b) you may cancel your booking less than 21 days before the start of your stay in which event you will receive a partial refund (unless clause 13.5 applies) according to the number of days between us receiving your written confirmation of cancellation in accordance with this clause and the start of your stay:
- (i) more than 14 but not less than 21 days before the start of your stay: 75% of booking price;
- (ii) more than 7 but not less than 14 days before the start of your stay: 50% of booking price;
- (iii) 7 days or less before the start of your stay: 25% of booking price
13.3 If your stay has already commenced you may still cancel your booking but we will not provide any refund.
13.4 You have the following rights to change your booking for Accommodation:
- (a) you may ask us to change the start date of your booking by contacting us in writing prior to the start of your stay provided you tell us within 14 days of receiving your Booking Confirmation and, subject to availability, we will then transfer your booking to another date within 6 months of the original booking date;
- (b) If any change in holiday dates results in a change in the booking price we will charge or refund you the difference as applicable.
13.5 Once we have confirmed your booking, you may cancel the contract for Accommodation and receive a full refund at any time by giving us written notice only if:
- (a) we break this contract in any material way and we do not correct or fix the situation;
- (b) we change these Terms & Conditions to your material disadvantage.
14. OUR RIGHTS TO CANCEL AND APPLICABLE REFUND
14.1 We may have to cancel a booking due to the unavailability of key personnel or key facilities without which we cannot provide the Accommodation. If this happens:
- (a) we will promptly contact you to let you know;
- (b) we may cancel your booking and refund your payments or offer alternative accommodation and refund any payments less the cost of alternative accommodation;
- (c) if we offer alternative accommodation you may still choose to cancel your booking and we will refund the payments you have made to us.
14.2 We may cancel the contract for Accommodation at any time with immediate effect if:
- (a) you do not pay us when you are supposed to; or
- (b) you are in breach of the terms of this contract in any other material way and you do not remedy the situation within a reasonable period after we ask you to.
15.1 The following is prohibited on the Park:
- (a) excessive noise or loud music after 11pm;
- (b) use of illegal drugs;
- (c) excessive drinking of alcohol; and
- (d) smoking.
15.2 If, either prior to your stay or during your stay with us, you breach this clause 15 or if your behaviour is antisocial or in our reasonable opinion is likely to spoil the enjoyment of the park for others or cause damage to property or behave aggressively or abusively towards our staff, you will be required to leave immediately in which event you will not be entitled to a refund.
15.3 We use CCTV on our Parks for crime prevention and safety purposes.
16. LICENSING LAWS
In accordance with licensing laws, we can only sell alcohol to persons aged 18 or over. We may require you to show proof of age using an approved form of identiﬁcation such as a full passport, a new style driver’s licence incorporating a photograph, a gun licence or a valid proof of age card.
17.1 The supervision of children on the park is the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. Particular attention must be paid to children in the indoor and outdoor playground areas. The Kids Clubs activities form part of our entertainment programme and are not childcare facilities. We do not provide supervision of the children during sessions.
17.2 It is important that you always know where your children are, and that you know the times that the activities start and ﬁnish. It is particularly important that you make sure that your children understand that they should always obey the instructions of the Kids Clubs Supervisors so that the possibility of accidents can be reduced.
17.3 Travel cots and highchairs for caravans may be hired (subject to availability) at a charge per item payable with your booking fee.
17.4 Travel cots and highchairs should be requested at the time of booking and you should bring your own cot linen.
18.1 We do not allow dogs or other pets at the Park.
18.2 If you or your visitors fail to comply with this clause we may require you to leave immediately without a refund.
19. FACILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
19.1 It is possible that in some circumstances accommodation, entertainment or a facility may have to be temporarily withdrawn, due to maintenance, renovation, adverse weather conditions, changes in governmental legislation or other factor outside our control. Should changes occur, we will endeavour to advise guests who have already booked but we are unable to accept liability for the loss of an advertised facility or to pay compensation for any inconvenience caused.
19.2 The operation of our Parks is subject to legislation and the guidelines laid down by the Health & Safety Executive and Local Authorities and their codes of practice and we have the right to adjust our services in order to meet these standards.
20. INFECTIOUS ILLNESSES
You must inform reception should you suffer from an infectious illness whilst you are on holiday. For the protection of our guests and staff, anyone found to have such an illness may be conﬁned to their accommodation or requested to leave the park.
21. INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
21.1 We are a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered office address is Banks House, Ty Isa Road, Llandudno, LL30 2PL. Our registered company number is 09953502
21.2 If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us. You can contact us by telephoning 01745 833048, by fax to 01745 822742 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
21.3 If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms & Conditions requires you to give us notice in writing (for example, to cancel the contract), you can send this to us by email to info@ caravanlettingservices.co.uk, by hand, or by pre-paid post to Easylet, C/o Golden Gate Holiday Centre, Gaingc Road, Towyn, Conwy LL22 9HU. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email, by hand, or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in the booking.
22. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
22.1 We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- (a) provide the Accommodation;
- (b) process your payment to us; and
- (c) inform you about similar Accommodation that we provide and our latest news and offers but you may stop receiving this information at any time by contacting us.
22.2 We will not give your personal data to any third party unless the law requires us to do so.
23. COMPLAINTS POLICY
23.1 If you are dissatisﬁed with any aspect of your holiday, please speak to reception in the ﬁrst instance. In most cases they will be able to help you immediately so that you can enjoy the rest of your stay. But if you are still dissatisﬁed, you should record your complaint with the Park General Manager.
23.2 If, at the end of your holiday, you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, you should write to the Park General Manager at Golden Gate Holiday Centre, Gaingc Road, Towyn, Conwy LL22 9HU within 28 days after the end of your holiday setting out your complaint.
23.3 As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to this agreement. Advice about those rights is available from Citizens’Advice Bureau or Trading Standards. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions will affect these legal rights.
24. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
24.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms & Conditions to another organisation and we will always notify you in writing if this happens but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
24.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms & Conditions to another person if we agree in writing.
24.3 This contract is between you and us. No other person has the right to enforce any of its Terms.
24.4 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms & Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in effect.
24.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a breach of these Terms & Conditions by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later breach by you.
24.6 These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.