There are things to do around static caravan parks in North Wales. Golden Gate Holiday Centre is centrally located to lots of attractions and events in the region. No matter if it’s sunshine or torrential rain our suggestions will keep the whole family engrossed and busy for several fun-filled days.
Activities and things to do around static caravan parks in North Wales
1. Hollyhead Maritime Museum – Newry Beach, Holyhead, Anglesey, LL65 1YD
Take a step back in time and learn about pirates, gallant rescues and shipwrecks at the oldest lifeboat station in Wales. Check out their collection of WW1 and WW2 mementos or visit the Air Raid Shelter. More information here.
2. Pili Palas – Penmynydd Road, Menai Bridge, Anglesey, LL59 5RP
If you have anyone in your family that loves insects and bugs, this is the place to visit. Enter the ecosystem with waterfalls and lush vegetation, and spot the live butterflies. There are many animal zones to enjoy with tarantulas and scorpions, or rabbits and Guinea pigs.
3. Stone Science – Bryn Eglwys, Llanddyfnan, Anglesey, LL75 8UL
An exhibition showcasing the evolving ages of the earth with many fossils, crystals and minerals, plus several dinosaurs.
4. Conwy Valley Railway Museum -The Old Goods Yard, Betws-Y-Coed, Conway, LL24 0AL
Take the miniature railway train ride around the landscaped fields. The children can ride on the Tomy Tram or drive the dodgem cars and be amazed at the model railway which is 39 feet long.
5. Tree Top Adventure – Zip World at Blaenau Ffestiniog or at Bethesda, or the new Zip World Forest at Betws y Coed (this one is opening 24th March 2016).
Experience whizzing along the zip lines through the trees or bounce on the nets till you are exhausted. Travel through the underground caverns by tunnel, rope bridges and zip lines.
6. Llangollen Motor Museum – Pentre Felin, Llangollen, LL20 8EE
Spot more than 60 cars on display, many of them still used on the road today to demonstrate their history and charm. The collection includes several Citroens and Austins, a Vauxhall 14/40 and a model “T” Ford. Click here for more info.
7. The Circuit – Babbage Road, Engineer Park, Sandycroft, CH5 2QD
Two go-kart circuit racing tracks with a tunnel, indoor and outdoor sections linked together, plus banked corners on this award winning racing track.
8. Wizz Kidz -Interlinq Trade Park, Queensferry, Flintshire, CH5 2DW
An extreme play centre for the children where they can slide, tumble and jump. With an Astra-slide, Little Tikes corner and an amazing disco room, not forgetting the parents’ chill out zone where you can have a welcome coffee.
9. Portmeirion – Minffordd, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd, LL48 6ER
This tourist village was designed and built by Sir Clough William-Ellis between 1925 and 1975 in the style of an Italian village. Eat in one of the cafes or restaurants, explore the village and beautiful garden areas or shop for the famous Portmeirion Pottery, and browse the goods made by other designers such as Emma Bridgewater, Cath Kidston and Jellycat.
10. Techniquest – Glyndwr University Campus, Mold Road, Wrexham, LL11 2AW
Enjoy this interactive experience with science based displays and events. Until February 21st they have two shows – Horrible [H2O] and Destination Space, then until the end of April – Pick of the Pack, the very best science demos.
If you don’t already own a holiday home on one of the Static Caravan Parks in North Wales, you may want to consider buying one for some fun-filled family holidays. The area is one of the most picturesque in the UK, with many thousands of tourists visiting the region every year. Why not join them too?